Today Brian Solis announced the results of the promotion my company, SocialToo did with him, Jeremiah Owyang, Louis Gray, Chris Heuer, and Guy Kawasaki. The promotion was to encourage everyone to prepend their Tweets about the Superbowl ads with #superbowlads, and then vote for their favorite ad on a SocialToo SocialSurvey at the end of the Super Bowl. The results were interesting:
- There were a total of 1,534 Tweets during the Superbowl mentioning #superbowlads
- 563 people voted on the survey
- 3,151 visited the survey page (showing SocialToo SocialSurveys don’t just cover Twitter)
- 111 of those visits came from Facebook, 616 directly from Twitter
- The top ads were 1. Transformers, 2. Hulu, 3. Career Builder, 4. Pepsi Max, “I’m Good”, 5. Doritos, “Free Doritos”
- These stats are vastly different from other nation-wide polls, showing that the Social Media audience is its own niche, with different ideas and opinions
In addition, midway through the Superbowl we asked viewers to share their thoughts on the overall ad experience. The results were consistent with other findings, showing that most viewers only viewed the ads as par or less from past SuperBowls.
Thanks to Brian Solis for leading all this and putting it together and Jeremiah Owyang for the idea. Brian put a lot of work into organizing all this – you can read more of his findings and results, along with a much more in-depth analysis over on his blog.